Don’t let your business become a ghost in these difficult times! More then ever now is time to increase your communication and stay in touch with your customers! Service Service Service! Use Social Media, your website, start / increase blogging, make videos etc… your online presence now is going to be more important then ever! Right now there are more people staring at their social media feeds then usual. It may require more effort today with additional safety protocols, but seriously now is not the time to become a ghost! Think outside the box!
I am guilty of this with my own business, I have spent the past couple of years focused on phone and in person meetings and have not spent much attention to my own online presence.
Take this as a learning opportunity to see why it is crucial to have flexibility in your business and to be able to adapt when situations outside of our control come to fruition.
Now is not the time to give up! Now is the time to get creative and look for different ways to service our customers.
The current COVID-19 situation will turn around and things will become normal as they always have in the past, but if you become a ghost you eventually become forgotten. The absolute worst position you can be in when things start to get normal again is forgotten… a ghost. By staying actively in touch with your customers now keeping them informed with valuable information and outside the box thinking with your services, this is what is going to help ensure that you are still around and on peoples frame of thought.
Here are some examples I have seen in the past few days that I absolutely love!
- Netflix offering online viewing party!
- Some New Cinema release movies are going straight to streaming platforms.
- Stores offering special hours for the elderly and people with additional needs.
- Organisations like museums and zoo’s offering online tours.
- Musicians and artists doing live feeds.
- Local restaurants adapting and now offering take-out and delivery options.
- The gym I belong to has started offering workout videos via their app to do from home.
- I’ve seen many companies offer opportunities for their staff to work from home.
- Distilleries are now making hand sanitizer as a new product line.
- I’ve seen local businesses assisting people in need, volunteer and donate to local things like their food banks.
It may not be ideal, but at the very least communicate and share information, stay in touch as best you can. Don’t become a ghost!!!